Repairs, maintains, and performs preventative maintenance on plastic molding tools and machinery. Also provides mechanical support on maintaining plant auxiliary equipment. Will be responsible for maintaining and replenishing spare parts inventory of all plastic molding tools. Must be mechanically inclined to use hand tools, and or power tools to perform repairs and preventative maintenance activities on plastic molding tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform routine preventive maintenance checks on all production plastic molding tools and equipment
- Replaces or repairs parts on plastic molding tools in alignment with established preventative maintenance procedures
- Replaces electrical parts and equipment.
- Observes and listens to mechanical devices in operation to locate causes of trouble.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Start devices to test their performance.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Required to participate in on-call program and may be required to work additional hours as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Follows all safety rules and procedures and observes the operations to insure a safe environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for satisfactory performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); plus, five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Basic understanding of plastic molding. Candidate must possess the ability to read hydraulic and electrical schematics.
Ability to use a variety of common hand and power tools. Basic understanding of electrical and mechanical properties.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.