Maintains production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and mechanical equipment to minimize downtime; responsible for set up, adjustment, maintenance and repair of machinery and mechanical equipment used in the production facility.
Reports to the Maintenance Manager and is located in Glendale Heights, IL.
1. Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance (PM) requirements through repair and maintenance on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
2. Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
3. Remove and repair or replace defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
4. Control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitor compliance.
5. Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment; may use welding machines, with proper training/experience.
6. Perform facility/building maintenance as needed/directed.
7. Work with Maintenance Planner-Scheduler to maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
8. Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
9. Provide mechanical maintenance information by responding to inquiries and requests.
10. Document downtime in order to prevent repeated repairs; prepare mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information, looking for trends.
11. Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review technical publications; establish informational networks.
12. Maintain continuity among work teams by communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
13. Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with Company and Federal/State/Local procedures, rules, and regulations (GMP’s, PPE’s, LOTO, OSHA requirements, etc.).
14. Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
15. Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
Job Specifications (KSA’s):
Effective communicator Process-oriented, methodical
Excellent trouble-shooting skills Service-oriented (responsive)
Ability to manage multiple priorities “Hands-on”/proactive
Exercises sound judgment/decisive Fosters environment of respect
Organized, thorough, efficient Flexibility and adaptability
1. High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Demonstrated knowledge in following areas:
PM’s - Conveyor Systems - Mechanical – Pneumatic -PLC’s – Machining - Electrical - Plumbing – Welding - Hydraulics
3. 2-5 years’ experience in maintenance in manufacturing environment; preference given to candidates with experience in food manufacturing facility.
4. Ability to use hand tools and trade tools; good motor coordination necessary.
5. Proven record of ability to handle equipment safely, sensibly and maturely.
6. Basic math aptitude.
7. Effective interpersonal skills; ability to successfully interact with diverse personalities at all levels in a multi-cultural environment; team-oriented with ability to work without direct supervision.
8. Strong attention to detail; analytical and deductive reasoning skills.
9. Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
1. Ability to perform the following: standing for extended periods of time; walking, lifting, climbing, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and stooping.
2. Ability to lift 60 pounds frequently.
3. Ability to work overtime, weekends and flexible work hours.
4. Varied temperature environment (hot/cold).
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive hourly rate with a competitive benefits package.