Maintenance Electricians oversee the installation, repair and maintenance of electrical systems in the manufacturing facility. Test existing equipment and determine if components of a system need to be upgraded or replaced. Check switches, motors, regulators and other parts of an industrial electrical system.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyors systems and production machines to ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment
- Following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions and engineering specifications
- Perform a variety of plant diagnostic, maintenance, repair, and installation operations
- Electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment
- Assemble, install, test operate, and inspect machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards
- Maintain and complete required maintenance records of all repairs
- Worked closely with production team to solve manufacturing problems
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Run tests to ensure that new machinery is ready to be implemented and work out any issues before the equipment is used on a daily basis.
- Review blueprints to understand the placement of wiring or to comprehend the working of the equipment to provide the right service and repairs.
- Provide suggestions on the lifespan of equipment and other electrical components, advising when certain components should be replaced due to potential risks.
- Ensure all routine maintenance work is handled on a regular schedule to reduce the risk of larger and more complex issues and to reduce costs.
- Understands, follows and enforces all established safety, health, quality GMP and Company policies, procedures and recognized practices.