The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance of various CNC machines, plant machinery, and facility support equipment. The Maintenance Mechanic will perform repairs, as well as keep a preventative and predictive maintenance routine.
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Performs regular scheduled maintenance.
• Schedules and performs preventative maintenance on various facility equipment.
• Strong diagnostic capabilities with electrical and mechanical equipment.
• Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numerical controls, power supplies and drives and recommends course of action to Facilities/Maintenance Manager.
• Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
• Willing to take calls from off shift leads regarding machine and equipment issues and determining if immediate maintenance is required.
• Analyzes mechanical, electrical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plans for and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
• Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action.
• Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
• Notifies maintenance department or supervisor of recurring equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
• Must maintain a maintenance log, document repairs, and write reports.
• Must be able to work well with all levels of personnel whether individually or in a team environment, and especially must be able to interface and communicate with line operators in order to assist with repairs and troubleshooting. Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience repairing and maintaining NC and manual machine tools 4+ years of hands on machine and equipment repair experience.
• Experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes. Knowledge and experience of the following program: OSHA, Accident & Safety Training, ISO or AS9100, 6S, Export Compliance Training, Hot Work Permit, Emergency Evacuation Training, LOTO, Fire Extinguisher, HAZCOM, SDS Training, PPE, Forklift Operator Training, Crane Operator Training, Confined Space Training.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are a part of the team!