My Client has a very exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic. This is with a global leader in packaging that offers a promote from within culture, great compensation package with overtime opportunities and challenging work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Accountable for all projects, repairs and /or improvements on the line as well as any mold changes and maintaining preventative maintenance.
• Ensure proper and safe operational conditions of all production and related equipment.
• Improve the production equipment, utilities, efficiency and reliability.
• Recommend, plan, repair, modify, and fabricate any necessary elements following a problem or a project, which may have an effect on the productivity.
• Analyze and resolve all issues related to the equipment.
• Ensures cleanliness of all equipment and related areas after repairs or PM’s.
• Assist in updating, developing and improving equipment PM program.
• Communicate to the supervisor on the condition of all production equipment.
• Assist and train production employees in machine conversions and PM’s.
• Assist other maintenance employees with repairs, PM, installation commissioning and testing of equipment.
• Assist in maintaining appropriate stock of spare parts ensuring that parts catalogue is up-to-date, parts room is organized and kept clean.
• Keep all tools in good and safe condition and ensure tools are returned to its appropriate location.
• Direct and advise production employees in machine conversion and PM’s.
• Flexible-if Over Time is required and covering for vacation.
• Ensuring the Hazemat area is kept clean and waste material is properly disposed of.
• Ensuring the PM cart is stocked and organized.
• Perform all duties, in a safe and efficient manner.
• Shift Maintenance will also have the systems room checks, Pressco checks, Daily shop housekeeping and Video jet daily PM’s to perform.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to organize own work within the schedules in the most effective and economical way.
• Provincial/Industrial mechanic certification.
• Knowledge in hydraulic and pneumatic
• Have basic knowledge in electricity and control.
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Must demonstrate ability though previous work assignments to work effectively in a fast-paced high-quality manufacturing environment.
• Must willingly perform maintenance tasks and additional duties under supervisor's discretion.
• Must wear safety equipment, personal protective equipment, as required in the area or to perform specific job duties.
• Perform all good housekeeping assignments.
• Able to help organize and maintain maintenance areas and stock room.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, or walk and is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel, and climb stairs. The employee is regularly required to communicate with other employees and be aware of sounds in the plant. Employee is required to be awake and alert during all work hours. The employee must also occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.