Maintenance Mechanic responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.). Candidates MUST HAVE some technical experience and aptitude to include mechanical, electrical, electronics, pneumatic, and preventative and/or predictive maintenance.
- Inspect building and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.)
- use appropriate hand, power and specialty tools as needed
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Re-configures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) as needed
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, refrigerators, evaporation coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.).
- Order parts and maintain required documents as needed
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in facility maintenance
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry is a plus
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English fluently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use common tools and understand and follow directions as given
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- ability to lift minimum 50 pounds (trash and supplies)
- Ability to climb ladder, bend at the waist, sit, kneel, lay horizontally, climb, walk, etc., as job may require
The Maintenance Mechanic role is an hourly paid position and offers comprehensive benefits plans to include medical, dental, vision, profit sharing and 401K plans, life insurance, and more.
Magid Glove & Safety is America’s leading manufacturer, distributor and importer of hand protection and safety products i.e. work gloves, fall protection, gas detection, reusable and disposable respirators, clean room, 1st aid and all other safety related products. Magid is a financially stable, growing and privately held business, which has provided safety solutions to thousands of companies since 1946.
Magid is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minority/female/disabled/veteran