Maintenance Mechanic (6pm-6am)
We are seeking a qualified candidate for a Maintenance Mechanic position for the southern Atlanta area. The facility operates 24/7.
A successful candidate must have the skill and desire to work hands-on with tools, parts, and materials to maintain automated packaging equipment and industrial processes. The plant has a variety of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment that must be proactively maintained and repaired. A successful candidate should possess the ability, aptitude, and drive to troubleshoot these systems with team members under minimum supervision.
Candidates for the position will be evaluated in five areas – technical aptitude, education, work experience, performance, and leadership skills. There will be an onsite interview to evaluate these areas via aptitude tests, face to face interviews, and hands-on skills assessment.
- Use hand tools, power tools, rigging equipment, and various man-lifts. Experience with shop equipment (mills, lathes, band saws, presses, etc.) is advantageous.
- Utilize fabrication and assembly skills to repair/rebuild defective machinery using drawings, manuals, and/or sample parts to determine dimensions, set up requirements, etc., of the finished workpiece.
- Identify and install bearings, seals, belts, chains, and other parts/components of automated packaging equipment.
- Read and update technical manuals and drawings.
- Understand and use shaft alignment techniques/tools.
- Understand and maintain mechanical drive systems, conveyors, and various pump types.
- Lubricate Machinery
- Learn and utilize computer software (SAP, Microsoft Suite, Internet, Process Book, FactoryTalk, etc.) to perform several tasks. Examples: [Create/Edit Work Orders, Look Up Parts, Researching Equipment, Email, Tracking Time, Troubleshoot Equipment, etc.]
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to respond appropriately to stakeholders of all levels.
- Demonstrate a self-motivated work behavior requiring limited to no supervision.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the plant non-negotiables.
Education and Work Experience:
- Industrial maintenance experience with fillers, cappers, labelers, conveyors, case packers, palletizers, blow molders, and/or other automated packaging equipment are not required but are considered highly desirable.
- Ideal candidates will have hands-on work experience with all or some of the following: hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, rigging equipment, various man-lifts, machine shop equipment (mills, lathes, band saws, presses, etc.).
- OR successful completion of a two (2) year college curriculum in technical areas
- OR vocational school certificates of completion of training in mechanical/electrical technical areas. Other vendor courses in machining, electricity, welding, or air conditioning – refrigeration is highly desirable and may be considered as experience. Wide exposure to various technical areas during past work experience will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Experience, Education, and/or Skills related to troubleshooting PLCs, HMIs, Automation Devices/Sensors, Robotics, Communication Networks, and AC/DC Drives are not required but are considered highly desirable.
- Candidate must display safe work practices and demonstrate those behaviors on a consistent basis.
- Candidates must be able to work well with others. Demonstrate enthusiasm and pride in their work.
- Demonstrate initiative and ownership in addressing problems as they arise without supervision. Work with others to develop and implement creative and effective solutions.
- Proactively maintain, troubleshoot, analyze, and repair equipment to prevent, resolve, and eliminate various process failures and equipment breakdowns (mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, power transmission, etc.).
- Provide support to plant operations through preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and improving equipment.
- Drive the execution of maintenance activities by performing preventative maintenance inspections, planned work orders, emergency work orders, and housekeeping.
- Support the planning of maintenance activities by providing feedback to maintenance planners and leading/supporting root cause analysis activities.
- Track time, document work completed, and communicate effectively to team members, peers, management, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with project teams, vendors, and other stakeholders to commission, validate, and sustain new equipment assets (and existing equipment overhauls).
Hourly Compensation: $31.95 per hour plus $2 shift differential
Generous 401(k) program in the US and similar programs in international
Health benefits and programs that support both your physical and mental well-being
Flexible work environment, depending on your role
Meaningful opportunities to keep learning and growing
Half-day Fridays, depending on location
Click here to apply online