Job Description – Maintenance Mechanic II
The Maintenance Mechanic 2 will provide electrical services with specific responsibility for identifying repair and/or replacement needs; installing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading electrical systems and equipment; assisting other skilled trades; and ensuring that tools and materials are available at job site.
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical control, wiring, and lighting systems.
- Reading technical diagrams and blueprints.
- Performing general electrical maintenance.
- Inspecting transformers, circuit breakers, and other electrical components.
- Troubleshooting electrical issues using appropriate testing devices.
- Repairing and replacing equipment, electrical wiring, and fixtures.
- Following National Electrical Code state and local building regulations.
- Performing circuit breaker corrective maintenance.
- Maintaining good knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems as well as various testing equipment.
- Document all work in the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) system.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Is proficient in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understand that hones t y and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting, etc.}.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling objects of average weight up to fifty (50) pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
Click here to apply online
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience preferred.
- Holds appropriate license/certification for the specific work to be done in the city and state in which the work will be done.
- 6 or more years of related work experience.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity considering company time and attendance policy.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays & Emergency On-Calls.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background-check and drug testing.