- Responsible for maintenance programs, manage modifications and improvement projects (Capital Programs) that continually improve plant operations.
- Maximize the operational life of plant assets through timely and cost effective preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance programs and appropriate repair methods. Develop programs for conditions based on maintenance.
- Responsible for programs and systems to provide for a safe working environment and for safety accountability for all members of the Maintenance Department.
- Responsible for high tech maintenance activities like oil analysis, thermography, vibration analysis and similar. Critical Path planning of major shutdowns and projects. Manage all maintenance through the Oracle system.
- Develop and recommend the annual budget for maintenance of the plant and any connected facilities and assets; administer and control the budget within company guidelines. Work with purchasing on work scopes, bid packages and inventory controls.
- Formulate a long-term vision for the Maintenance Department consistent with the direction and goals of the local facility and the organization; work closely with plant management to integrate this vision for continuous improvement into the maintenance plan.
- Provides interface to Project Department regarding Capital Projects and major maintenance activities; responsible for all activities of the winter main shutdown (planning, budget, cost control and execution). Critical Path planning of major shutdowns and projects, develop and maintain the 5 year maintenance plan.
- Provides programs and plans, with the cooperation of continuously developing, improving and mentoring department personnel, and to raise awareness in all personnel at the local facility.
- Responsible for managing Maintenance Computerized Systems for work order controls, purchasing, costs and all related maintenance activities.
- Provide support for Production Department (Production, Quarry and Shipping). Manage the Automation Engineer, Electrical Department, Labor Department, Mobile Garage and Mechanical Maintenance.
- Responsible for managing maintenance KPI's like MTBF, reliability, stops/100 hours, paretos and similar; responsible for cost control and budget management; Union Contract implementation of schedule, overtime and potential grievances.
- Direct, through subordinate supervision, the mechanical maintenance of equipment, plant structures and grounds, installation of new equipment and the alteration of plant structures.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field, preferably Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in and industrial environment and leading teams
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Skilled in implementing effective maintenance and repair programs, particularly preventative maintenance programs.
- Ability to balance technical, human relations and conceptual skills to achieve desired results
- Thorough technical knowledge of manufacturing plant environment, preferably cement plant operations, especially relating to the maintenance of equipment and facilities
- Must be able to plan, organize, implement and coordinate programs requiring financial and physical resources
- Proficiency with various software applications including Microsoft Excel and Word, and have the ability to learn additional software programs as necessary
- Experience in ERP (SAP, Oracle or similar)
- Experience in maintenance software (Maximo, SAP, CMS or similar)
Cement & Lime