Summary: Management leadership for the Maintenance Department that is responsible for the preventative maintenance and reliability of the process equipment.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Responsible for managing maintenance staff, maintenance of mill assets and achieving mill goals.
- Enforce safety and environmental policies and regulations
- Promote activities in the maintenance department that will increase employee involvement in department and mill initiatives.
- Provide leadership to the maintenance team.
- Manage the predictive and preventive maintenance programs.
- Perform performance and development reviews with team member.
- Promote active participation and use of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) program.
- Deliver scheduled outages on time and on budget.
- Work to develop effective teams, create strong moral and spirit in the maintenance team.
- Deal with ambiguity. Effectively cope with change; decide, and act without having all information readily available. Ability to handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for results in the maintenance team. Review metrics to ensure targeted goals established are accomplished
- Develop direct reports by challenging and provide "stretch" tasks and assignments. Coach those who need help and further development. Strive to be a people builder.
- Requires active leadership and hands-on direction in maintenance, safety, cost management, process improvement, plant scheduling and production flows in a union environment.
- Monitors the performance and coordinates the key functions in the maintenance department in the areas of work order planning/execution.
- Develops and maintains effective teams and organizational structures to maximize business performance and employee satisfaction.
- Works closely with other department manages and the mill manager to ensure work is being accomplished in a quality manner.
- Member of the mill management Call Team.
- Ensures that maintenance systems and processes are in place to meet business plan expectations.
- Helps establish plant goals and objectives to align with company roadmap.
- Develop extensive technical knowledge/line experience with paper products and processes
- Effectively manage available resources on daily basis through efficient planning and scheduling activities.
- Ability to learn new skills and develop direct reports.
- Utilize maintenance metrics to achieve annual production and reliability goals as defined.
- Communicate appropriately to ensure operations are knowledgeable of maintenance activities through weekly planning meetings.
- Promote an integrated work environment between mechanical and electrical craftspeople.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position supervises exempt and non-exempt support staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.