PURPOSE: The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the management of maintenance activities for the paper mill and support facilities at this tissue / specialty paper operation in the Great Lakes region. The successful candidate will oversee continuous improvement in safety, cost and reliability of the mill and implement reliability-based maintenance practices with the objective of reducing overall product costs as well as building maintenance practices with the objective of reducing overall product costs. Great company with a solid management team and high visibility within the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and participate in continuous improvement efforts, as required of this position. This includes activities to this specific position/department, as well as company-wide initiatives in other areas of the organization.
- Responsible for the continuous safety improvement of the maintenance team and timely response to safety work orders and hazardous conditions for continuous mill safety improvement.
- Responsible for the overall coordination and direction of the Maintenance Department including skill development, performance management, staffing, cost and policies and procedures.
- Develop sustainable effective and efficient maintenance department metrics for cost and efficiency.
- Responsible for implementing reliability-based maintenance concepts to the department as tools to reduce repair spending and improve efficiency.
- Responsible for directing the Maintenance Supervisor, Storeroom Manager and Reliability Engineer as well as coordination with Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Responsible for conformance to mill safety, risk management and installation standards and practices.
- Responsible for approving all outside contractors involved in maintenance and electrical or instrument work.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, or similar degree and training
- 5 years Paper Mill experience, maintenance and engineering management / leadership roles
- Demonstrated team building and employee development.
- AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively lead a diverse team and implement improvements to maintain a collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
Pulp & Paper