endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
As a Maintenance Manager, you will assist the Plant Engineer in leading and directing subordinate salary and hourly personnel engaged in all phases of the plant engineering function (General Maintenance, Cold End Mechanization, and the Batch & Furnace Department) including installation, repair and maintenance of all plant systems, equipment, grounds and facilities. You will assist in managing the operations of the Batch & Furnace Department and supplying quality product for plant operations in an economical manner. You will be responsible for supporting compliance efforts with local, state, and federal regulations concerning environmental affairs, OSHA, NFPA, and other governing agencies.
You will place an emphasis on providing a committed and high level of technical service and working in partnership with the Plant Engineer and Line Leaders to produce product at continuously improving levels of quality and efficiency.
- Assists in directing and analyzing operations relative to changes in organization, personnel, equipment, department policies and procedures.
- Assists in directing preventive maintenance programs. Under the direction of the Plant Engineer, conducts periodic inspections of all plant systems, equipment, facilities and grounds. Assists in implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- Under the direction of the Plant Engineer is responsible for the quality of all work performed by maintenance and production employees assigned to the Plant Engineering function.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction and service work performed by the outside contractors as directed.
- Has working relationship with engineering and outside contractors and supplies.
- Assists in overseeing health and safety issues affecting ergonomic factors.
- Conducts periodic inspection of all plant systems, equipment, facilities and grounds. Oversees all changes or upgrades
- Supervises training of personnel to ensure all crafts (electrical, hydraulic and mechanical).
- Ensures efficiency and high standards are maintained
- Communicates and directs the application of prescribed safety and environmental regulations
- Remain consistent with lean six sigma principles, ensure the development of a continuous improvement culture within the plant by involving relevant salary and hourly workforce in the ongoing identification, development and implementation of improvements to the manufacturing process/performance, i.e.: implementation of lean six sigma principles.
- Ensure correct use of safety equipment and that company safety policies are followed
- Champion energy savings initiations
- May oversee plant apprenticeship program
- High school with strong maintenance and/or furnace operations background.
- Post high school training is preferred, e.g., college, military training, apprenticeship programs, etc.
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil) preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a maintenance leadership position in a manufacturing facility
What We Offer:
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Opportunity for future growth and advancement
- Generous, Award-winning 401(k) plan w/ employer contribution & match
- Comprehensive benefits package
- and much more…