This is an exciting new role for our company. This position is responsible for daily maintenance breakdowns, repairs, and projects of equipment. The manager is responsible to provide guidance on trouble shooting, continuous improvement, and prioritization to ensure to maximize production quantity and quality that support policies, goals and objectives of the company.REPORTING STRUCTURE
Reports to the Vice President of Production and will be based in Newton, Iowa.RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIRMENTS
- Perform maintenance department duties as assigned (may include giving direction to other maintenance staff).
- Oversee a comprehensive preventative and predictive equipment repair program.
- Purchase equipment and maintain spare parts inventory.
- Able to work with minimal supervision and exercise good judgment.
- Program and troubleshoot plant control systems (PLC’s).
- Work with Corporate personnel to design, plan, schedule and complete capital improvement projects.
- Ensure adherence to SOP’s and SQF requirements.
- Develop and monitor formal control programs to track and regulate repair costs and spare parts inventories.
- Maintain qualifications and training standards with regulatory and third party agencies such as OSHA, EPA, IFS, Fire Department, etc.
- Maintain records, training, and all necessary programs in compliance with 3rd party food safety audits.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to address facility issues.
- Source outside vendors. Establish project scope and needs and request quotations. Supervise completion of projects.
- Troubleshoot plant processing and packaging equipment.
- Fill in and assist other departments as needed.
- A 4-year Technical or Engineering degree or equivalent work experience.
- Responsible for daily maintenance breakdowns, repairs, and projects of equipment.
- 5 plus years of management experience in a high-speed food-manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply and conduct good root cause analysis techniques and resolve problems is essential.
- Must have a strong floor presence and be able to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- Experience with Continuous Improvement work environment.
- Familiarity Microsoft Word, Excel and/or Access.
- RS Logix, 500 and Control Logix.
- Be familiar with Allen-Bradley software programs.
- Familiarity with PMC or an equivalent CMMS program.
- Working knowledge of Ethernet, Controlnet, DeviceNet and DH+ communication networks.
- Dairy / perishable food packaging machine experience.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary and a competitive benefits package.