The Maintenance Manager is a key member of the plant leadership team who acts as a technical advisor and is responsible for overall maintenance, hands-on repair and/or replacement of plant manufacturing equipment and the overall facility itself. Provides leadership and supervision to the Maintenance team in the assignment and coordination of work to ensure safety, quality and maximum production efficiencies. This position is for our Reconditioning Plant at Seattle, WA.
- Oversees, plans and issues work orders to appropriate shift team members for the implementation of equipment modifications as well as preventative and any corrective maintenance.
- Conducts safety inspections of work areas.
- Prepares, coordinates maintenance resources and provides recommendations for capital and continuous improvement projects.
- Prepares purchase requisitions.
- Interfaces with vendors and suppliers as necessary.
- Communicates on a regular basis with the maintenance team to ensure two-way consistent communication is occurring with equipment issues.
- Participates in Lean Manufacturing practices such as Six Sigma, 5S, FMEA, 8D Problem Analysis.
- Reviews the operation of equipment with appropriate personnel to identify maintenance issues in the areas of Safety, Quality, Cost, Productivity and Customer Satisfaction.
- Engages employees in problem resolution in order to improve production issues/efficiencies utilizing Lean Manufacturing techniques as needed.
- Develops, maintains, and delivers team member feedback constructively for performance.
- Fosters a positive working environment and drives Maintenance team to meet set productivity targets and performance standards.
- Reviews location’s Key Performance Indicators KPIs (Daily, Weekly and Monthly) to make recommendations for improving plant operations, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and maintenance problem resolution.
- Tracks, analyzes and improves the Maintenance department’s KPIs.
- Ensures all regulatory compliance with various governmental agencies such as city, county, state is met on a consistent basis.
- Monitors and reviews Maintenance budget on a monthly basis; Prepares and implements annual budget each fiscal year.
- Assists in recruitment process of Maintenance personnel.
- Ensures Maintenance employees are properly trained in all aspects of their jobs. Identifies training gaps and develops training plans as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.