endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Company Overview :
A global technology leader of motor systems and electric drive assemblies for electric vehicles and hybrids is in the process of developing a brand new NAFTA Technology Center and manufacturing facility in the Southfield, Michigan area. They will be developing complete electric drive module control systems including utilizing SMT (surface mount technology) to manufacture their own PCBs (printed circuit boards). A global technology leader this state-of-the-art facility is their introduction to North America and will be highly automated and house the latest in electronics manufacturing.
Duties/Responsibilities: Production Support:
- Procurement of manufacturing equipment under consideration of demanded security, quality and environmental protection and their preservation
- Troubleshooting manufacturing equipment along with resolution including root cause analysis and permanent corrective action.
- Manage equipment and tooling follow-up
- Monitor and manage capacity and related investments
- Contribute to define technical specifications for new equipment and alterations on existing equipment and facilities
- Direct and coordinate both repair and preventive maintenance requirements for all manufacturing equipment
- Keep processes (machines, tools, procedures) at best possible level in compliance with EHS regulations and QCD
- Management of the plant maintenance team
- Monitor capacity utilization
- Plan, monitor and coordinate the work of external companies
- Develop capital budget requirements to adhere to established facilities standards
- Manage spare parts and consumables
- Be responsible for the computer aided maintenance management system, setting PM frequency and tracking adherence.
- Create and introduce procedures regarding the tasks of his field of responsibility
- Support problem solving initiatives
- Manage maintenance key indicators (MTBF, MTTR, Open work orders, etc.)
- Support the continuous improvement process in Labor, Quality, Equipment and tooling, Space and Work conditions
- Assist with any additional tasks as assigned by the company.
- Staff, coach, assess and develop the plant Maintenance team
- Develop on-the-job training program for maintenance technicians and ensure training is completed on-time, including compliance training, e.g. Lock-Out/Tag-Out, Confined Space, Fall Protection, etc.
- Required Skills/Abilities:
- Proven leadership skills, ability to communicate and influence across all levels of the organization and with cross-functional teams (e.g. production, quality, engineering, etc.)
- Must be able to work assigned shift and be available, if/when needed, for other shifts based on when maintenance projects, meetings, etc. are scheduled by Operations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or related technical field required. Will consider Journeyperson status in skilled trades with at least five (5) years directly relevant work experience in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Must have prior experience in automotive manufacturing in an industrial Maintenance position, including at least three (3) years in a leadership position as Lead, Supervisor or Manager.
- Must have experience developing preventative maintenance schedules for variety of technical equipment and collaborating with Operations to track and report and improve machine uptime/downtime.
- Experience with Electronics manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Must have prior experience establishing and managing a department budget (costing, budget, investment), including maintaining inventory for spare parts, etc. and managing cost for outside contractors.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.