Our client is proud to be one of the largest poultry processors in the United States. They focus on providing the highest quality products and unmatched service throughout the poultry growing, manufacturing and distribution processes. With vast resources, vertically integrated capabilities and continual success in providing their partners with customized solutions have made them an industry leader.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for maintenance of the overall facility and equipment. Manages and organizes the maintenance department. Oversees work orders, processing of department purchase orders and work order results; policies, procedures, key performance indicators and maintenance records; development and maintenance of departmental inventory systems; instrument calibration, corrective actions with verifications, inspection results; and assuring established schedules, timelines and deadlines are achieved. As a technical resource, the maintenance manager functions as a trainer for safe and proper equipment operation, and also has enforcement authority to assure that equipment that designated employees become qualified to operate or maintain is used or maintained safely and properly at all times.
Reports to the Plant Engineering and Director of Plant Operations and will lead Maintenance Technicians & Maintenance Leads/Supervisors. The facility is located in Franklin Park, IL.
• Assures Maintenance operations are managed and documented properly through Maintscape.
• Select, hire, train, schedule, motivate, discipline and manage department personnel.
• Monitoring and Enforcement of all company policies within department.
• Troubleshoots mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic problems with plant equipment, utilities, and facilities.
• Performs, directs or outsources mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic repair actions to OEM specifications as needed.
• Participates in plant or department start-ups to assure safe and efficient start-ups.
• Oversees the issue of purchase orders for repair parts, assuring and documenting that orders are received complete before forwarding documentation (POs with bills of lading, packing slips) to accounts payable for payment.
• Specifies and oversees the ordering of repair parts through supplier channels, getting pricing up front and using sound financial judgment.
• Participates in the performance and monitoring of preventive maintenance measures.
• Trains and qualifies personnel to safely and properly operate equipment through instruction and hands-on demonstrations.
• Trains personnel how to perform operator level maintenance on equipment through instruction and hands-on demonstrations.
• Works with representatives of USDA regulatory agency to understand when and how to make immediate or impromptu corrective actions to equipment or facilities as deemed necessary by that representative at that time.
• Oversees and trains LOTO, Material Handling and other safety related programs.
• Assures department operates in compliance with BRC clauses, Agency regulations and applicable laws.
• Works cooperatively with managers and supervisors in the accomplishment of relevant company objectives.
• 10+ years as an effective maintenance technician functioning in a food manufacturing setting, preferably in a USDA inspected facility.
• 5+ years of supervisory experience in a food manufacturing setting, preferably in a Further Processor of Poultry facility.
• High level of organizational and interpersonal skills.
• High level of verbal and written English communication skills.
• Self-starting in orientation and aggressive in pace.
• Good general familiarity with industrial kitchen and food manufacturing equipment.
• Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and able to delegate and entrust effectively.
• Ability to function in a team management setting.
• Ability to train, direct, motivate and discipline department personnel.
• Intermediate computer literacy (Windows, word processor, and spreadsheet fluent).
• Thorough familiarity with food safety and good food manufacturing practices.
• Thorough familiarity with OSHA and other Regulatory requirements affecting facilities and equipment.
The compensation package for this position is commensurate with experience and includes an attractive base salary with a discretionary bonus plan and a competitive benefits package.