please email resumes to email@example.com
The Maintenance Manager position is accountable for the management of maintenance and engineering aspects to ensure the achievement of designated safety, environmental, quality, productivity, cost and customer service goals.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Direct and manage staff: Select, hire, train, coach, monitor and assure performance goals are met.
- Administer the discipline process, maintain positive employee and labor relations, and assure compliance with the union contract.
- Work closely with operations to develop and implement short and long term business goals and revise as required.
- Direct the mechanical, electrical, and process control operations for the facility to meet established goals and objectives.
- Adhere to operating budget for Mill, Maintenance, and Shipping operations.
- Maintain mechanical, electrical, and computer equipment required for mill operations within approved operating budget.
- Develop and maintain established environmental standards and EPA ordinances, particularly for the boiler house and SPDES permits.
- Assure safety of the department employees and equipment; maintain OSHA standards; implement safety policies and procedures and oversee training of Maintenance employees. Assign housekeeping responsibilities.
- Identify and implement training for mechanical, electrical, and technical salary personnel.
- Construct, install, and test mechanical, electrical and technical engineering improvement of mill operations.
- Obtain and manage outside contractors needed for necessary Mill equipment, building and grounds repairs.
- Obtain proposals for material and services necessary to maintain the facility. Write requisitions for obtaining material and services. Obtain, evaluate and select bids for work with outside vendors.
- Assure all quality parameters are met per the Quality Management System.
- Complete or oversee administrative reporting associated with maintenance, quality, safety, workers' compensation, etc.
- Serve as a member of the management team, participating in the development of departmental policies, practices, procedures and providing assistance as required.
- Assure compliance with all company policies.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives.