Responsible for the hands-on management of PLC logic, electrical, and mechanical servicing and efficient maintenance of production machinery and equipment, physical plant, utilities, facilities and grounds in accordance with provincial and federal regulations and company policies and procedures.
The North Wales, PA plant is a non-union facility. The Maintenance Manager will lead a team of 3-4 people. North Wales has a three-shift structure and this position will be on first shift. The company is looking for a leader who can develop his/her team and who enjoys spending time on the production floor every day driving improvement activities.
Main Position Responsibilities:
- Directs the maintenance of all machinery to provide uninterrupted service.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the maintenance, electrical and mechanical operations.
- Makes analysis of machinery to ensure optimum effectiveness and proper maintenance
- Develops, schedules, and controls a preventive maintenance program to maintain production machinery and equipment in proper working condition.
- Plans a continual work schedule to maintain all company property in a safe and healthy condition to achieve the best working conditions possible for all employees.
- PLC experience is a must. The Maintenance Manager will control all electrical schematics, drawings, and programs for all equipment.
- Diagnose issues and find quick solutions to issues with automated manufacturing lines which have a variety of types of motors, sensors, actuators, relays, and other components.
- Inspects jobs in process and at completion to ensure the standards of workmanship and safety are maintained.
- Maintains inventories of maintenance material, supplies and repair parts at required levels by initiating requisitions for purchase; periodically reviews inventory for proper upkeep at plant facilities.
- Recommends, plans and implements equipment needs to improve production efficiency and/or achieve cost reduction.
- Reports to and works hand in hand with the Plant Manager to drive CI activities utilizing our OEE and downtime system (Shoplogix).
- Maintenance Manager will develop a training curriculum to develop a self-sufficient maintenance team.
- Works with corporate engineering team to prepare for CAPEX projects.
- Performs other duties as requested.