Reporting to the Assistant Plant Manager, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for the overall management of the mechanical and electrical maintenance functions of the plant. The primary objective of this position is to sustain and improve the economic viability and operational reliability of all plant assets and ensure an effective progress and improvement program through the efforts of the mechanical and electrical personnel. Effectively and proactively administer Company’s safety program ensuring compliance with MSHA rules and regulations, including but not limited to root cause analysis, develop and share best practices, train employees to identify and address potential hazards.
- Responsible for routine and non-routine mechanical and electrical equipment inspections and repairs on all major plant systems and mobile equipment.
- Responsible for PM/Pd.M. program sustainability and maintenance improvement strategies.
- Manage the allocation of resources and develop and control the plant’s maintenance budget to provide efficient and cost-effective operation.
- Responsible for the implementation of maintenance systems and managing modifications and improvement projects.
- Provide oversight, leadership, and coaching to the maintenance function and personnel through the following:
- Develop a long-term vision for the Maintenance Department that is consistent with the direction and goals of the plant that works towards continuous improvement.
- Development of the overall maintenance plan to maximize productivity and minimize downtime by using sound and proven preventative, predictive, and corrective maintenance techniques, technologies, and programs.
- Review and approve bid documents and technical specifications to ensure that all components for the scope work are met according to Corporate and plant guidelines.
- Coordinate plant projects and shutdowns to ensure the timely and quality completion of the project and minimize downtime.
- Provide continuous development and improvement of plant personnel through training, mentoring, and guiding problem-solving to ensure highly motivated and skilled personnel.
- Assess and obtain technical expertise to assist the production, process, and maintenance departments in the optimization of equipment and processes to enhance operational efficiency.
- Responsible for reliability efforts for the plant and coordinate those activities required to meet the plant and the company’s reliability objectives. Serve as a liaison between the plant and corporate regarding maintenance activities.
- Administration of Company policies and procedures.
- Provide ongoing maintenance support to the plant for all shifts by managing the plant’s maintenance on-call program. This includes evaluating and determining the course of action for maintenance incidents after hours and on weekends and may require on-site supervision of the resolution to maintain operational efficiency.
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of Group guidelines, performing training, monitoring compliance, etc.
- Proactively manage the health & safety of employees to continuously improve the company’s health & safety performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required with strong maintenance experience strongly preferred.
- Prior experience managing and mentoring staff in a mechanical and electrical maintenance function; Minimum of 5 years of plant maintenance experience, cement plant experience preferred, or combination of the above.
- Solid understanding of preventive/predictive/corrective maintenance principles, techniques, and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and motivate others.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, problem solving and creativity, strategic thinking, and decision making.
- Ability to integrate the needs of multiple parties into an overall goal.
- Strong communication skills to ensure coordination of work and completion of tasks.
- Experience working with large rotating heavy industry machinery and equipment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including MS Excel, Word, Access, and Project.
- Good working knowledge of SAP and CAD software.
PLEASE APPLY OR CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AT email@example.com