This position is the top maintenance position at the Plant and is responsible for providing thought leadership, strategic planning, and departmental management of the maintenance function.
The Maintenance Manager needs to possess a strong background in mechanical and electrical skills directly related to operating in a 24/7 manufacturing environment. Requires considerable working knowledge of PLC’s, drives, HMI’s and associated electronic equipment. Must be willing and able to be involved on the floor conducting maintenance/repair work if needed.
Must lead and manage all the functions, objectives, and personnel within the department. This includes but is not limited to budget preparation and administration, capital expenditures, equipment evaluation and purchasing, preventive and predictive maintenance, maintenance management systems, etc.
This position is responsible for maintaining and repairing of facilities and equipment within the company on all shifts, while prioritizing and assigning tasks to Maintenance Supervisors, Leads and Technicians on the shifts.
Essential Job Functions & Supervisory, Managerial and Leadership Responsibilities:
- Prioritize and assign work to each member of the maintenance staff.
- Mentor and motivate maintenance team, provide training and development to optimize their performance and personal growth.
- Communicate performance standards, recognize, and reward individual and team accomplishments, and counsel performance problems.
- Analyze mechanical and operational problems on equipment, plan and coordinate and assign corrective actions. Notify key production line personnel about recurring equipment malfunctions and necessary corrective actions needed.
- Create and schedule preventive maintenance checks and inspections of all equipment ensuring no disruption to the production schedule.
- Analyze cause of production delays on daily production reports. Maintain and report other required operational information to management.
- Manage and be responsible for department budget.
- Must be able to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical equipment problem.
- Ensure that plant facilities and grounds are maintained in accordance with relevant regulations, company and regulatory standards and fiscal consideration.
- Assist in preparing major equipment bids, recommending purchase when replacement or new equipment is required. Represent the company’s position and interest in dealing with outside contractors, vendors, and engineering consultants. Coordinate work performed by outside vendors
- Coordinate the design, modification, installation of equipment or process improvements
- Project management, including, selection, installation, and startup of minor equipment purchases
- Facilities maintenance, e.g., painting, building modifications, grounds maintenance
- Ability to trouble shoot and repair mechanical and electrical/electronic issues.
- Complete work order entry and close-out in the Maintenance work order system.
- Must comply with all general Company-wide standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and any job or department specific SOP’s.
- SOP’s may cover the areas of (but are not limited to)
- Employee Health and Safety
- SQF (Safe Quality Food packager) and GMP (good manufacturing procedures) focused on eliminating contaminates in all packaging manufactured
- May have responsibility for plant safety including and coordinating annual fire safety inspections with local fire departments; arranging and coordinating internal safety inspections; and implementing solutions to identified safety deficiencies.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures related to maintenance and safety.
- Assist in annual budget preparation as it relates to safety and maintenance of facilities, grounds, and equipment.
- Oversee the machine parts storeroom operation.
- Keep abreast of latest manufacturing technologies and systems.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 15 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting including at least 5 years in a supervisory or managerial role, leading the entire maintenance function.
- Knowledge of web handling processes desired
- Knowledge of flexographic printing, and lamination and slitting processes desired
- Hands on experience working with, and knowledge of electrical 3-phase wiring, installation, and repair of machinery up to at least 480 volts and electronic repair highly preferred.
- Experience in electronic troubleshooting and repair of industrial and or manufacturing machinery
- Knowledge and experience troubleshooting and evaluating PLC’s and drives is highly desirable
- Excellent oral and computer communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to define and solve problems without assistance, dealing with many variables and limited information
Click here to apply online