The Maintenance Manager is responsible for management of facility maintenance, equipment reliability, and developing and managing all strategic and tactical maintenance efforts. Participate in the coordination of repairs during outages to maintain a safe and effective flow of work to reduce downtime. Provides the overall leadership and management of the maintenance teams.
- Provide leadership to ensure all company safety rules and regulations in accordance with regulatory agencies are observed by employees. This includes planning the necessary resources in manpower and budgeting to accomplish site safety goals and administer safety initiatives
- Interface with the Mine Safety Health Administration and other governing health and safety agencies at local and federal level as required
- Manage overtime requirements to meet sales, production, and maintenance requirements.
- Preparation and implementation of training plans to provide employees with the necessary training to perform their job safely and effectively
- Participate in the daily meetings to communicate with production and maintenance and lead the weekly scheduling meeting between maintenance and production
- Uses the maintenance modules under the CMMS/SAP system. Ensures that all equipment has the appropriate preventive maintenance set up on the proper intervals
- Coordinate with contractors to ensure that proper tasks are performed on preventive maintenance
- Ensures correct, accurate, and timely reporting of information on all maintenance Work Orders, including “Urgent Repairs”. Tracks status of backlog - which jobs are planned and ready to perform, which jobs are waiting for materials, which jobs can only be done on major shutdowns, age of backlog. Manages compliance with maintenance objectives, etc. Ensures that all work orders and maintenance log items are closed when work is finished. Ensures proper documentation is included
- Plans each significant job and determines safety requirements, job steps, blueprints, materials, special equipment needs, and manpower required to perform necessary work
- Provides Site Operations Manager and respective Supervisors with weekly and monthly summaries of work performed and backlog status, and provide KPI reports for tracking; Continually evaluate opportunities for improvement based on KPI reporting
- Ensure purchasing documents are in place for parts or service prior to work being scheduled and necessary PO receiving done upon completion
- Ensure equipment BOM’s are up to date and review on a schedule
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures manuals and blueprints. Ability to write and communicate routine reports and correspondence
- Provide feedback to team on goals and expectations status
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Mining, Business, or related field strongly preferred
- 5+ years Manager experience in heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Minimum 10 years progressive experience in mining or heavy engineering industry, previous experience as department manager or superintendent for larger facilities would also be a fit; industry background in manufacturing related to mining, paper mills, steel plants, refractory, heavy equipment fabrication, stone processing, cement plants, etc. preferred
- Extensive knowledge and background in operations supply chain business processes, continuous manufacturing, and production processes, and working contemporary concepts of continuous improvement and Lean Manufacturing
- Demonstrated competency in preventative, predictive, basic care practices, and computerized maintenance management systems
- Must have experience with managing budgets and CAPEX plans and demonstrate strong cost management skills.
- Positive and proactive attitude with ability to address issues and implement solutions
- Demonstrable teamwork, maturity with a strong work ethic, and be willing and able to adapt to fast-paced changing environments.
- Fluency in spoken and written English