Our client is a leading Manufacturer of Exterior Building Products and is looking to hire a Maintenance Manager. Under the direct supervision of the Plant Manager (PM), the Maintenance Manager (MM) assists in the completion of the day to day activities involving the maintenance of the building/facility, production equipment and machinery, including, but not limited to HVAC, lighting systems, plant machinery and production lines, grounds keeping, security, and overall facility appearance. This position supervises and coordinates the work of employees who repair and maintain the building/facility, and production equipment and machinery in the plant.
- Prepares work schedules, assigns work and oversees the work product while minimizing overtime and call-in hours in accordance with company's Mission Statement, goals and objectives, and KEY Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Develops and maintains a preventative maintenance program for applicable machinery and equipment, and the building and grounds within the confines of an annual budget, and tracks maintenance downtime
- Develops and/or works with Continuous Improvement (CI) Managers and Teams where applicable
- Arranges for, coordinates, and manages appropriate third-party contractor support as needed
- Will work with PM, Engineering and Logistics personnel as needed
- Prepares Maintenance budget and secures estimates and cost quotes as needed
- Keeps up on technological changes relative to KPI’s for SQDCI, and maintains up-to-date records for all local, state and federal mandates and inspections
- Enforces sound safety and housekeeping practices, which may include hazardous waste disposal programs
- Plays key role on internal plant Safety Teams
- Prepares and maintains maintenance reports for the Plant Manager and other appropriate managerial personnel
- Makes recommendations where applicable
- Works with other plant managerial personnel to effectively maintain existing plant facilities and equipment, replaces, and/or makes recommendations and adjustments to plant facilities and equipment to the Plant Manager when necessary in accordance with SQDCI, TPS, and CI initiatives and activities
- Provides training for new and existing employees as directed by the PM
- May conduct performance evaluations of subordinates and make recommendations for salary adjustments to the PM in accordance with Plant and Corporate Policies and Procedures, consistent with company’s KPI’s
- Assists in the selection of new hires, employee coaching and disciplinary issues
- May perform other or specified duties as directed by the PM, Assistant Plant Manager, Production Manager, or other appropriate supervisory personnel
- College degree in a related field and five (5) to ten (10) years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the window and door industry desired
- An equivalent combination of education/trade schooling, certifications, and experience may be substituted for a college degree at the discretion of management
- One (1) to three (3) years supervisory experience is preferred for this position
- Knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, masonry, electrical, machine repair and maintenance, plant layout, safety, painting and janitorial experience required
- Familiarity with associated hand/power tools in the disciplines above required
- Strong knowledge of plant/OSHA health and safety standards and compliance, and a fundamental understanding of applicable governmental regulations
- Solid understanding of buildings and grounds security protocols
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance programs as they relate to plant and corporate KPI’s, inclusive of SQDCI, TPS, and Continuous Improvement activities/initiatives
- A fundamental understanding of Lean manufacturing concepts
- Basic knowledge of human resource principles and practices and how they relate to motivating subordinates in accordance with corporate goals and objectives
- Knowledge of door and window production machines, tools and maintenance, and how they relate to plant production and maintenance goals and objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required up and down the organizational hierarchy to include other departments
- Sound technical, leadership, teamwork, decision making, problem solving, and organizational skills required for this position
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment, and work effectively as a team player throughout the plant with individuals and various plant teams
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office and position applicable software applications
- Travel is primarily local during the business day
- May on occasion travel to appropriate seminars and training
Our client offers a competitive base salary with a full benefits package as well as paid vacations, medical benefits, 401k with company participation, and profit sharing.
SnapDragon Associates is a capable group of thinkers and doers dedicated to offering a full slate of recruiting and consulting services. Our firm is highly regarded, nationwide, as the best in the industry for the fact that we are all "lumber people" servicing lumber, millwork, hardware, and building material manufacturers, wholesalers, and retail companies. We specialize in providing these companies with Successful, Highly Qualified and Motivated Professionals.
You might say we are not a "Search Firm" but rather a "Find Firm."
Our proven results positively impact the bottom line of companies all over North America. The lumber industry is taking off as demand and production rise! The growth our clients are experiencing daily is creating a constellation of new careers. For a complete listing of our current opportunities please visit us online at www.SnapDragonAssociates.com or contact us directly at 603.621.9037.