Maintenance/Machine Repair Technician
A state-of-the-art automotive supplier that utilizes CNC machine-based production cells for the manufacture of metal transmission components, in a clean and air-conditioned facility. The company has long-term stable business, and its products are unique and high-tech powertrain components.
This position will be responsible for maintenance support to all areas of operation along with standard operating/production procedures, safety, quality control, cost, delivery and continuous improvement initiatives within the Maintenance Department.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gages and test equipment.
• Plan and perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
• Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements. Informs appropriate management of potential electrical/mechanical problems and inherent dangers involved.
• Maintains company-required maintenance records for identified equipment.
• Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
• Perform or assist in fabrication, preventative maintenance and routine machine checks. Will promote and maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment through 5s activities and be responsible for proper material storage and waste disposal.
• This position will be predominantly assigned to the indicated shift but must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed.
• Receptive to training and performing functions in multiple areas.
• Communicate effectively with others at various levels using both oral and written communication skills.
• Perform other duties as required.
• 2-3 years of proven industrial maintenance experience.
• Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatic and electrical troubleshooting, power utilization and general facility maintenance.
• Ability to run tool room equipment (lathes, mills, etc)
• Knowledge of basic blueprint reading
• Recognize and define problems, collect data, and develop conclusions.
• Must possess the ability for working under pressure - complete assigned tasks under stressful situations and deal with the stress or emergency situations.
• Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have ability to train others.
• Must have a positive attitude to support company policies and must be able to create and maintain a high-morale environment.
• Medical/Dental/Vision insurance – Employer Covers total premium – zero employee premium contribution
• Health Savings Account – Employer Contribution
• Paid time off – 12+ Paid Holidays Annually plus Vacation and Personal Time
• 401(k) 50% Employer match
• Life and Disability insurance
• Employee Referral program
• Employee Perfect Attendance Bonus
• Employee Assistance Program
• Comprehensive Wellness Program
• Generous Work/Life Balance accommodations
• Benefits Eligibility from Date of Hire
Schedule and payrate:
• Full-time (8 hour shift) + Overtime
• Available on application (depending on experience) + shift premiums