We are seeking to hire a Maintenance Superintendent to support the company's production facility in Lockport, NY. This plant is part of the company's Specialty Materials business unit.
As a Maintenance Superintendent, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the onsite skilled trade maintenance workers and management of the preventative maintenance program. This position will also have involvement in capital expenditure projects, including budget management, shutdown management, management of subcontractors, project tracking, and other related duties as needed.
A successful Maintenance Superintendent will quickly grasp the company's business culture and processes, take pride and ownership in both day-to-day function and longer-term project-based work, and possess a robust continuous improvement mindset.
- Set and manage maintenance activities, ensuring timely response to the operations. Direct safety program to achieve established goals to ensure a zero-injury culture.
- Responsible for all aspects of shift operations, including Safety, Quality, Company Policies, Production, Operational Cost, Lean Manufacturing Procedures, and On-Time Performance.
- Develop, implement and manage maintenance planning and tracking system (Maximo) meeting established timeframe.
- Managing and supporting the maintenance team, including task assignment, performance management, policy adherence, and development.
- Prepare and adhere to departmental budgets.
- Develop Capital and Major Maintenance recommendations.
- Manage implemented Capital projects and Major Maintenance for the respective plants.
- Effective communication and informing of maintenance operational updates to team and BU management.
- Provide cross-functional support to other maintenance areas as required.
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of leadership experience in a maintenance function OR High school diploma with 9 years of leadership experience in a maintenance function
- 2+ years of Electrical Maintenance or Electrical Engineering experience
- Experience managing budgets and capital expenditure projects
- Experience developing preventative maintenance programs
- Proficiency in Continuous Improvement tools (Lean Manufacturing, etc.)
- High voltage or industrial electrical maintenance experience
*The company's policy is not to provide immigration sponsorship for any of its positions.