Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Research, write, and publish Maintenance Department SOP’s, PM’s, Safety Programs, etc. and subsequently train the applicable personnel.
· Participate in, or lead, specific studies directed at continuous manufacturing improvement or maintenance improvement programs.
· Perform design work, conduct research, gather information, and conduct feasibility/economic studies of various plant projects.
· Assist the Mechanical Supervisor, Electrical/Instrumentation Supervisor, Project Engineer, Process Control Engineer, and/or the Maintenance Planner in a variety of special needs or specific projects.
· Assist in maintaining current versions of all departmental documentation, equipment manuals, drawings, electronic records, etc.
· Assist in maintaining updated the CMMS database: assets list, PMs program, etc.
· Create new reports as needed and/or maintain existing reports for the department (ratios, KPIs, costs analysis).
· Assist the Maintenance Manager and Supervisors in troubleshooting plant maintenance issues as needed.
· Perform reliability studies to improve the uptime of equipment.
· After the proper development act as the Mechanical or Electrical/Instrumentation Supervisor in their absence (vacation, extended leave …).
· Act as a liaison regarding maintenance-related topics.
· Food Ingredient manufacturing and maintenance knowledge and experience.
· Work schedule may change when covering for another supervisor or due to operational needs.
· In certain circumstances, you may be required to work late hours or during the weekend.
· Will participate in the On-Call rotation for weekend and holiday coverage when necessary.
· position currently has no direct day-to-day supervisory responsibilities except when providing coverage for the Mechanical Supervisor or Electrical/Instrumentation Supervisor as necessary.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Technologies, or related program. With Two to five years of experience working in a similar position. Previous experience working in the food, beverage, or chemical manufacturing industries highly preferred.
· Mechanical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills.
· Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts. Advanced knowledge of mechanical engineering principles.
· Computer proficiency in CAD, spreadsheet and email software required.
· Ability to read and develop technical reports and drawings.
· Ability to prioritize and organize tasks. " Ability to work with limited supervision.
· Communication and "internal customer" service skills are required in relationships with coworkers, management, and other departments within the company.
NOTE: This position is not eligible for work visa sponsorship. Applicants must possess unrestricted US work authorization.