Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for Maintenance Engineer
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- Shift working - 38 hrs/week with a certain level of working outside normal hours may be required.
- Job location: Greyabbey, County Down BT22 2QE
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Magellan Aerospace are looking for a Maintenance Engineer to join our Maintenance Team in Greyabbey. Our successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking preventative and reactive maintenance as well as carrying out projects and machine installations as required in a machine tool environment.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Carry out all instructions provided by the Maintenance Team Leader on a daily basis
- Meet maintenance targets as defined by the Maintenance Team Leader.
- Carry out fault finding diagnostics and provide a fixed solution.
- Read and understand electrical/mechanical drawings.
- Purchase electrical/mechanical spares in line with the maintenance department procedures and approval of the Maintenance Team Leader.
- Plan work load and keep Maintenance Team Leader informed.
- Responsible for safe and good working practices.
- Manage own designated area using 6s working practices.
- Health and Safety of self and team members ensuring that all identified hazards are reported directly to the Production Manager or the Health and Safety Manager.
- To react to machine breakdown in a timely fashion according to the maintenance schedule as provided by the Team Leader / Process Supervisors. The job holder is required to problem solve causes of breakdown and decide the appropriate course of action to take to resolve the issue in a timely and safe manner.
- The job is responsible for carrying out the preventative and routine maintenance according to the preventative maintenance schedule and to complete maintenance check sheets as required.
- A certain level of outside normal hours may be required. (Call Out).
- The Job holder will co-ordinate and work closely with the machine tool suppliers.
- Develop and train other members in the team as and when requested.
- Any other duties as assigned by your line manager and team leader.
- Desirable: Time served recognised engineering background minimum of City and Guilds, ONC, HNC, NVQ in electrical/mechanical engineering
- Essential: Computer and numerical literacy including Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimum of 3 years working within a Machine tool environment
- A High standard of knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering working practices.
- Knowledge of CNC control systems Fanuc, Heidenhain and Siemens.
- Demonstrated experience of setting up and managing preventative maintenance systems and TPM.
- Willingness to undertake and provide further training and development as required by the company.
- Previous experience of 6s and continuous improvement
- A logical and analytical approach to fault finding with solutions.
- Ability to work on own and as a team with an ’I CAN DO’ approach.
- Strong level of attention to detail
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!