Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth has an exciting opportunity for Maintenance Engineer.
- Permanent Full Time Contract.
- 38 hours per week.
- Job location: Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QN.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To undertake preventative and reactive maintenance. Carry out projects and machine installations as required in a machine tool environment.
Magellan Aerospace, Bournemouth offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Carry out all instructions provided by the Maintenance Team Leader
- Meet maintenance targets as defined by the Maintenance Team Leader
- Carry out fault finding diagnostics and provide a fixed solution
- Read and understand electrical/mechanical drawings
- Purchase electrical/mechanical spares in line with the maintenance department procedures and approval of the Maintenance Team Leader
- Plan work load and keep Maintenance Team Leader informed
- Responsible for safe and good working practices
- Manage own designated area using 6s working practices
- Health and Safety of self and team members ensuring that all identified hazards are reported directly to the Production Manager or the Health and Safety Manager. The job is responsible for carrying out the preventative and routine maintenance according to the preventative maintenance schedule and to complete maintenance check sheets as required. The Job holder will co-ordinate and work closely with the machine tool suppliers
- Develop and train other members in the team as and when requested
- A certain level of outside normal hours may be required
- To react to machine breakdown in a timely fashion according to the maintenance schedule as provided by the Team Leader/Supervisors. The job holder is required to problem solve causes of breakdown and decide the appropriate course of action to take to resolve the issue in a timely and safe manner
Academic: Time served recognised engineering background minimum of City & Guilds, ONC, HNC, NVQ in electrical/mechanical engineering
Experience: Minimum of 3 years working within a Machine tool environment
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- A high standard of knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering working practices
- Knowledge of CNC control systems Fanuc. Heidenhein and Siemens
- Demonstrated experience of setting up and managing preventative maintenance systems and TPM
- A logical and analytical approach to fault finding with solutions
- previous CNC machine maintenance experience
- To work on own and as a team with a “I CAN DO” approach
- Computer and numerical literacy
- Time served recognised engineering background minimum of City & Guilds, ONC, HNC, NVQ in electrical/mechanical engineering
- Understanding of pneumatics
- Demonstrable experience of contractors and service providers
- 17th Edition Electrical not essential but may be required to gain this accreditation in the future
- Willingness to undertake and provide further training and development as required by the company
- Previous experience of 6s and continuous improvement
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change