Maintenance Engineer II
This position will be responsible for working with maintenance & production when assisting with projects, major maintenance, managing outages & shutdowns. Other responsibilities will include the research, design and assessment of new equipment, tools, processes and standards inside of safety, people, quality, cost and responsiveness for both maintenance and production.
Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned)
- Research new equipment, tools, and processes, assess compatibility with current systems
- Manage multiple projects within the maintenance organization related to planned outages, major maintenance, shutdowns, or miscellaneous projects.
- Design equipment, processes, and standards for both maintenance and production.
- Lead troubleshooting events and manage completion of repairs from those events.
- Develop KCC (control standards) for improvements in efficiency, reliability, quality, and safety.
- Conduct audits, benchmarking studies and research within external machine shops, rebuild shops, and OEMs for continuous improvement.
- Manage the Preventive Maintenance (PM) process which includes creation of new PM's, evaluation of existing PMs to determine effectiveness and ensure thorough completion of PM's in designated timeframes.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, BSME or BSEE preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 years of experience in a maintenance engineer or a similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- We'd also like to see candidates with strong project management experience pulling all those projects together into one large project while working cross-functionally with plant employees and plant leadership.