Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the electronics technician shall install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment which could include programmable controllers. Connect power supply wiring to machines and equipment. Diagnose malfunctioning electrical issues on all equipment including transformers, motors, and PLCs. Perform general maintenance on facility electrical systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with installation of new equipment as well as moving existing machines.
• Assist with upgrading the existing electrical system (110V, 220V, 480V)
• Participates in future projects, including but not limited to building new facilities, telecommunications, moving equipment and installing new equipment.
• Works effectively with internal customers and contractors
• Effective problem solving skills with viable solutions under moderate supervision
• Install, maintain, modify and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment
• Remain in compliance with current National Electric Code
• Inspect and test components of electrical systems, including transformers, transfer switches and switch gears
• Complete work orders and record material utilized on jobs
• Run computer cables, connect computer jacks and plugs and test for adequate operation
• Utilize blueprints, wiring diagrams and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects
• Survey electrical systems, circuits and plans
• High school diploma/GED required
• 5+ years’ experience in the electrical trade
• Electrical Certification
• Able to work well on a team
• Excellent hand-eye coordination
• Demonstrable knowledge and skills for electrical installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and equipment
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card. Magellan offers a generous benefits package with eligibility after the first month of employment.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.