The maintenance coordinator schedules, coordinates, and drives the execution of maintenance activities for the crushing, grinding, fuel processing, conveying, kiln firing, milling and all associated stationary equipment with limited interruption to the plant’s production.
The Maintenance Coordinator reports to the Maintenance Manager.
- The incumbent must have a strong knowledge of safety policies and practices, and is responsible for ensuring the execution arm of maintenance works safely.
- Motivates staff members through delegation, participation, recognition and follow up on suggestions and ideas. Giving constructive feedback and coaching as required.
- Schedules the daily and weekly workload of the maintenance department. Develops annual equipment overhauls including the master turnaround list that breaks down jobs to be completed, critical path, and job costs. Coordinates the schedules with the plant.
- Responsible for prioritizing work orders based on criticality to the operation as well as manpower and downtime availability while always taking into consideration the effect on equipment reliability.
- Leads weekly scheduling/coordination meetings with other departments to specify downtime requirements and define interaction between the different operational groups.
- Initiates and schedules routine contract work. Responsible for appropriate cost controls, providing the scope of work to the contractors, approving purchase order requisitions and managing within budgeted dollars.
- Maintains the mechanical backlog (in cooperation with the inspectors).
PLEASE APPLY OR FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER AT email@example.com
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in engineering and maintenance of mining, refining, processing, heavy manufacturing, or related equipment and facilities in a professional role.
- Experience in cement industry is strongly desired.
- Demonstrate ability in planning, organizing, directing and developing the maintenance department.
- Extensive technical problem-solving background.
- Negotiating abilities and competency in conflict resolution.
- Proven participate management style and ability to develop teams.