Magellan Aerospace New York has an exciting opportunity for experienced and handy Maintenance Associate on either Full or Part-Time basis ( as per personal preferences). Being a key contributor in our Maintenance department, the person will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of all associated processing manufacturing, and plant equipment. The successful candidate will also ensure that all production machinery is functioning, operating parameters are being met, and that any downtime is kept to an absolute minimum.
Perks and Benefits
Attractive benefits package
Generous 401k Pension Plan
Positive work-life balance
Excellent career progression opportunities
Commitment to professional growth
Employee Assistance Program
Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Perform both routine and preventive maintenance work.
- Responsible for complying with safety, EPA and OSHA standards as required by law and company policy.
- Provide input and technical expertise to resolve maintenance issues.
- Ensure proper maintenance troubleshooting and repairs are strictly adhered to and not compromised.
- Maintenance and upkeep of all machinery and equipment, infrastructure, and assistance with chemicals and wastewater operations.
- Address emergency and non-routine issues in a safe and timely manner
- Utilize problem solving techniques, teamwork building strategies, process control, and continuous process improvement tools to meet or exceed the key operating statistics and business plan
- Contribute in the development of the departmental budget and also production forecasts.
- Provide an input, if directed by the Maintenance Manager, on work flow management, workforce scheduling, and team members’ placement to ensure the facility and company goals are met or exceeded.
- Assist the Maintenance Lead in developing, analyzing and presenting monthly reports, including but not limited to, forecasts, productivity, and safety.
- Participate, if needed, in appropriate process audits; the audits will identify the need for the appropriate containment, corrective, and preventative actions, leading to minimizing or eliminating deviations and non-conforming product root causes.
- Assist Maintenance Manager in maintaining a QC list of all equipment needing calibration
- Assist in the design of new equipment which may meet future needs
- Participate in Participate in regular departmental meetings and customer audits either directly or supporting QA/QC
- Previous experience in a similar maintenance position within the manufacturing industry
- Attention to fine detail and tolerances required
- Ability to read and interpret Blueprint and equipment drawings at a proficient level
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong manual dexterity techniques
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred Associate’s degree or higher in a manufacturing discipline or a graduate of a trade school.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.