The Maintenance Level +1 troubleshoots and repairs production equipment.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
• Regular employee hot lunches
• Free parking
• Superior knowledge of mathematics and machine shop practices
• Ability to use and read micrometers and verniers (inside, outside depth) non dial
• Ability to read and understand machine assembly drawings and hydraulic and electrical schematics.
• Excellent knowledge of machines and must be capable of disassembling, repairing and reassembling any machines or machine components; working independently with no assistance on highly complex work
• Good knowledge of hydraulic, electric troubleshooting machine problems, machine leveling and installation, welding and brazing. Parts may be repaired, replaced or reproduced in plant to get equipment up and running
• Excellent knowledge of lathes, drilling machines, grinding machines and their respective controls
• Ability to perform any of the operations or repairs listed above - determining the problem and recommending corrective action and repairing equipment
• Will be certified or equivalent in one of the following trades: Millwright
• Must work in a safe manner with knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Maintenance or Millwright courses
• 3 years’ of experience in a similar role
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!