endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Job Title : Maintenance/Engineering Manager
We design, develop and produce complex actuation systems for the global light vehicle market. As one of the most safety-related parts of the car, our systems continue to experience rapid and innovative developments. We are working with strong innovative capabilities, agile operational excellence, transparent organization and an eco-friendly attitude. Looking ahead we are determined to be a market leader in control and actuation systems for future cars.
An Maintenance/Engineering manager is responsible for ensuring that key projects and engineering duties are fulfilled. One is responsible for troubleshooting any engineering/maintenance issue that comes up from the production. A few of the main duties are answering technical questions, proposing budgets for projects, training new employees, and working with various other departments. One also has to prepare reports on the progress of any ongoing project.
Specific activities include:
- Supervise and lead engineers and technicians who design machinery, plan and develop civil projects, and oversee production and quality control.
- 4 direct reports:
- Controls Engineer
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Manufacturing Engineer – Machining
- Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly
- Coordinate and manage day-to-day work, making detailed plans to accomplish goals, and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contributions to the goals and efficiency of the production.
- Plan and monitor the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Train and mentor other engineers and supporting staff.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules.
- Be able to perform maintenance duties if when needed.
- At least 8 years’ experience in an Engineering or Maintenance Supervisor position within a manufacturing environment (preferably in an automotive related operation).
- Knowledgeable in ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 14001 requirements.
- Experience in project management
- Strong background problem-solving techniques
- Excel at oral communication and Microsoft programs (PowerPoint and Excel).
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- High level of accuracy, independent and analytical thinking.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and negotiating.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
What we offer
- Work in international teams on innovative products
- Very good working climate
- Attractive compensation package
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.