endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Maintenance / Controls Engineer
What we offer:
We are one of the global leaders in cutting-edge technology for the Future Car. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
This position is in a state-of-the-art electronics facility where we manufacture cutting-edge advanced safety systems that keep drivers safe on the roads today.
What you'll do:
Experienced maintenance engineering of high-volume, high-quality electro-mechanical automotive products and manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for maintenance engineering for night vision product production.
- Conceptualizes, develops, validates and implements new production stations, processes and equipment - automated and semi-automated assembly operations, screwdrivers, vision cameras, leak testers, thermal chambers, label printers, servos, linear actuators, sensors, vision systems, scanners, encoders, etc.
- Responsible for primary production station ownership and support; maintains, troubleshoots, improves and optimizes current production lines, stations, processes and equipment:
- Maintains through total productive maintenance, preventative maintenance, measurement systems analyses (calibrations/verifications, gage repeatability and reproducibility); maintenance instructions, training, maintenance technician management.
- Problem solves through root cause analyses and 8D processes.
- Owns and maintains NV production spare parts inventories
- Develops and refines production station vision systems, PLC software and traceability system, limits as needed for continuous improvement, corrective action, and/or sequence changes to accommodate new hardware or software product versions; fundamental platform changes.
- Develops and implements station and traceability system validation plans.
- Deploys production station vision system and PLC programs; coordinates with users the deployment of new PLC code releases. Controls production station PLC code revisions.
- Investigates production station fallout to identify systematic cause and drive continuous improvement and corrective actions.
- Participates in cross-functional production team to meet daily and weekly production demands.
What you'll bring:
- Engineering Bachelor’s Degree (industrial, manufacturing, electrical, mechanical) preferred.
- Strong background practicing relevant engineering.
- Minimum 10 years engineering experience or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate leadership capabilities, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be a team player with strong problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task.
- Must have mechanical and electronic skills, understand computer hardware and be proficient with Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Programming skills highly desirable – preferably AB and Omron PLC, vision and traceability systems.
- Manufacturing execution system experience preferred.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.