Magellan Aerospace, Mississauga
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Mississauga has an exciting opportunity for a Machinist. The successful incumbent will be required to perform all operations necessary to set-up/operate turning/non-turning machines for all purposes to which the machines are/or may be adapted. They will also judge the suitability of cutting tools, work-holders, attachments and accessories while taking necessary initial & corrective action to maintain the required degree of dimensional accuracy & surface finish of components machined.
- Work to blueprints, sketches, design drawings, sample parts & other like information, oral orders & to required tolerances
- As required, perform tool proving, training functions related to all turning and/or non-turning operations
- Mount, align and secure work-holders, work, tool-holder, attachments
- Check dimensions of work
- Completion 4 yr/ apprenticeship or combination of 4 yrs work experience or industry courses in machining (eligible for Trade Cert)
- Trade Certification
- 3-5 yrs experience as a Machinist, Tool & Die maker/ or machining tool operator
- Work experience in Aerospace preferred
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)