Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Machinist at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position will be full time, permanent and unionized. Shift work may be required.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Machinist at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position will be full time, permanent and unionized. Shift work may be required.
With proper instruction and training, the Machinist will be responsible for setting up and operating in accordance with all applicable work instructions for all levels of work, any of the following machines: C.N.C. and conventional milling, turning, E.D.M., and Laser. The Machinist will perform tasks on the equipment as defined on the total preventative maintenance (TPM) check list. The company will ensure that the TPM checklist assignments do not conflict with the Trades Qualification Act or applicable Codes or Legislation.
- Minimum five (5) years of related work experience in manual machining.
- Red Seal Machinist or Canadian Council for Aviation & Aerospace (CCAA) accreditation is preferred but not required.
- Ability to interpret and apply GD&T requirements and perform basic mathematics including calculations.
- Ability to correctly interpret blue prints.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work within specified safety requirements (ie. PPE).
- Shift work may be required.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.