United States of America
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill has an exciting new opportunity for a Machinist. The successful incumbent will have the ability to trouble shoot and break in new products and programs. This includes set ups checking for tool and fixture clearance and reviewing new programs avoiding machine crashes, and ensuring proper touch offs and preventing mistakes. We have 2 openings!
- Set up and operate a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Read and interpret blueprints and programs.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others and is a qualified trainer (on skills matrix)
- Follow 6S guidelines in the work area
- High School Diploma or Vocational School with hands on training at school or in a machine shop.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Familiar with a variety of Aerospace concepts, practices, and procedures
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)