Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a Machinist at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position will be full time, permanent and unionized. Shift work may be required.
With proper instruction and training, the Machinist will be responsible for setting up and operating in accordance with all applicable work instructions for all levels of work, any of the following machines: C.N.C. and conventional milling, turning, E.D.M., Laser and water jet. The Machinist will perform tasks on the equipment as defined on the total preventative maintenance (TPM) check list. The company will ensure that the TPM checklist assignments do not conflict with the Trades Qualification Act or applicable Codes or Legislation.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Red Seal Machinist or Canadian Council for Aviation & Aerospace (CCAA) accreditation.
- Minimum five (5) years of related work experience in manual machining.
- Ability to interpret and apply GD&T requirements and perform basic mathematics including calculations.
- Ability to correctly interpret blue prints.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work within specified safety requirements (ie. PPE).
- Shift work may be required.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.