Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill has an exciting new opportunity for a Machinist. The successful incumbent will set up and operate Engine Lathe, CNC Lathe, and Conventional Milling equipment in a skillful and efficient manner. The Machinist will have the ability to trouble shoot and break in new products and programs. This includes set ups checking for tool and fixture clearance and reviewing new programs avoiding machine crashes, and ensuring proper touch offs and preventing mistakes.
Perks and Benefits
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Analyze and debug new methods.
- Perform calculations and use inspection equipment to verify that all quality requirements are met.
- Understand and follow the safety rules including keeping a neat and clean work area.
- Diligently perform all duties in a highly productive manner.
- Check and maintain oil and coolant levels on a daily basis.
- Responsible for handling waste from their machine.
- Set up and operate a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Read and interpret blueprints and programs.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others and is a qualified trainer (on skills matrix)
- Follow 6S guidelines in the work area
- High School Diploma or Vocational School with hands on training at school or in a machine shop.
- At least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Must be educated and trained to read prints and interpret engineering instructions required to produce parts consistently to close tolerances.
- Must be educated and trained to read and properly interpret drawings and program readouts, to set tools, to perform arithmetic calculations, to operate various numerical controls and to understand when the machine is not functioning properly.
- Familiar with a variety of Aerospace concepts, practices, and procedures
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.