Support plant production needs for daily operation, changeovers, and outbound shipments. Primarily responsible for supporting the operations groups by troubleshooting and correcting machine tooling issues in all various production equipment. Will be responsible for repair, replacement or fabrication of any necessary parts for all production equipment.
- Carry through to completion the construction and repair of all kinds of metal parts, tools, machines, and attachments.
- Change lay-out and set-up of the various machines and mechanical equipment in the plant as directed by supervisor.
- Perform duties such as assembling, dismantling, moving, installing or repairing to blueprint specifications.
- Use all machinist hand tools skillfully; including: scrapers, chisels, files and measuring instruments.
- Set-up and operate all machine tools including lathes, milling machines, grinders, and shapers.
- Possess knowledge of shop mathematics, use of charts and tables, knowledge of dimensions and uses of standard bolts, screws, threads and taper pins, and efficient planning of shop work.
- Must be familiar with the working properties of such metals as aluminum, brass, cast iron and various steels. Shape metal parts to precision dimensions within close tolerances as specified.
- Disassemble and assemble equipment as required.
- Grind machine tools as required. Make tools, fixtures, and various holding devices as required.
- Follow prepared sequence of operations in machining parts
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a Manufacturing Environment
- Machinist experience required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Understand plant safety guidelines and pass all required safety training
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Trouble shoot problems and report issues
- Must work well in team environment
- Ability to be on feet up to 8-12 hours per shift
- Use of hands and fingers to perform job function
- Ability to stoop, kneel, bend and climb
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs