Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a Machinist to join our client's growing team. Application Instructions: Use the online application, or email your resume directly to Ryan Stubbs at email@example.com
Basic responsibilities of the Machinist include:
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders
- Ability to calculate tolerances using mathematics and measuring instruments such as micrometers and calipers
- Measure, examine, and test completed parts in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations to fabricate product.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts
- Confer with engineering, supervisory, and manufacturing personnel in order to exchange technical information
- Evaluate experimental procedures, and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency and adaptability to setup production
- Design fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering needs
Qualifications for the position include:
- 2 plus years of CNC Lathe, milling machine experience
- Knowledge of job specific software such as Auto Cad and/or Gibbs Cam
- Industrial or Mechanical Experience
- 2-4 year Technical Degree or technical school training
Keywords: machinist, tool room machinist, maintenance machinist, tool room, tool and die, maintenance, maintenance mechanic, mechanical maintenance, industrial maintenance, lathe, CNC