City: Costa Mesa
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-1581415716
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Machinist to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Costa Mesa, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Set-up, adjust and operate a variety of Punch Press, Tube Extrusion, and Deburring machines. Cleaning, finishing, metal and plastic parts. Setup and manage heat treat ovens and operations.
- Perform operations loading parts into various deburring/finishing equipment and operating based on work instructions.
- May be required to make simple setups and change tools.
- Work from drawings and specifications.
- Work under general supervision; work is subject to progress and final inspection.
- Continuous improvement efforts required.
- The employee may be required to work beyond normal working hours from time to time as the workload dictates.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a manufacturing environment or relevant experience.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
- Proven ability to read and accurately interpret work orders, blueprints, interpret and apply GD&T notations.
- ERP system experience, SAP preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience working in an aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
- Considerable experience and knowledge of design and basic mechanical principles.
- Exhibit sufficient understanding of the key areas of the applicable production line.
- Ability to work in an environment that is long and repetitive.
- The employee maybe required to work beyond normal working hours from time to time as the workload dictates.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.