City: Santa Rosa
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Code: EB-6372789508
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Machinist to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Santa Rosa, CA.
This is a direct hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
Shift is Friday-Sun 5:30 am - 6 pm
- Performs various machine operations in cutting and shaping a variety of materials to precision dimensions.
- Setup and operate CNC equipment such as CNC lathes and CNC mills.
- Understand and edit G-Code programming.
- Setup and operate manual machines such as milling machines, engine lathes, chuckers, and surface grinders.
- Machine and inspect parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Select and machine various materials such as aluminum, brass, stainless steel, various plastics, etc.
- Correctly read and interpret prints/drawings.
- Perform tool grinding on carbide and high-speed tool bits and drills.
- Use shop mathematics including trigonometry.
- Perform precision measuring inspection of parts using micrometers, dial indicators and other instruments.
- Setup and operate shop secondary machinery such as cutoff saws, drill presses, vises, bench and other tool grinders, abrasive saw, tumblers, etc.
- Perform manual deburring.
- Maintain a sufficient set of personal tools to do your job.
- Understand and accurately complete all shop paperwork such as routings, and lot numbers.
- Produce and maintain set-up sheets.
- Perform routine maintenance on shop machinery such as, oil machines, maintain coolant etc.
- Maintain high quality and safety standards.
- Participate in continuous improvement and team building activities.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by department supervisor.
- Minimum of HS diploma. Some college or trade school preferred.
- Requires a minimum of two years related experience.
- Computer literate; basic understanding of common programs.
- Excellent manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination; familiarity with various measuring equipment.
- Good understanding of the working qualities of various metals
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail; ability to perform the physical labor necessary.
- Able to lift up to 65 pounds.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.