The production assistant’s role is to perform all tasks involved in production under the direction of upper management.
It includes organizing and distributing production documentation as required for all departments.
- Ensure correct and safe operation of equipment under the direction of manager
- Keep machine schedule and notify any delay or error to upper management
- Monitor machines and equipment by performing daily inspection.
- Ensure to understand drawings and measurement instruments as well as CAD / 3D Data
- Carry and handle parts/materials/packages. (2-20lbs daily, possibly heavier than 20 lbs. but rarely)
- Operate carts, pallet jack, and other moving equipment to move heavier materials.
- Notify any failures or concerns to upper management
- Attend meetings to check work order detail, work schedule and shipping schedule
- Maintain an organized and clean work area
- Perform other duties as assigned by upper management
- Some overtime may be expected
- Minimum high school diploma
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Must have great attention to detail
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Must have positive attitude and be a team player
- Must possess good computer skills (Microsoft Office Excel, Word) and be able to learn new skills as needed
- Strong Communication skills