Title: Machine Shop Assistant
City: Santa Rosa
Job Type: Contract
Hours: 40 (6am - 2:30 pm M-F)
Job Code: EB-1240662339
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Machine Shop Assistant to work to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics company in Santa Rosa, CA.
This is a long-term, at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- As a Machinist Support Assistant you will support machining processes. Working closely with Journeyman Machinists, you will provide technical support that will increase efficiency of the precision machine shop.
- Unloading parts from machines.
- Deburring, sanding, or removing tabs of machined parts.
- Assembling of components.
- Gathering and checking tools needed to set up a job.
- General area cleaning.
- Verifying gages for specific jobs are available and calibrated.
- Ordering/staging/pulling of lower level material.
- Pulling blueprints and prepare work orders.
- Perform updates and transactions in manufacturing execution system(s).
- Clean finished parts.
- Other tasks as required.
- Experience in a machine/mechanics shop environment desirable.
- Machine tools, machining technologies.
- Measurement of mechanical components using hand measurement tools.
- Mechanical inspection.
- Mechanical assembly.
- Deburring, grinding, sanding.
- Gaging, tool crib attendant.
- Various metals and other materials used in machining components.
- Blueprint reading.
- Basic computer skills.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.