Responsible for all activities associated with running the rotary die cutters including setup, operation, cleanup and recommending improvements to operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience:
- Set-up print and die cut sections of die cutters in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Ensure all bolts on cutting dies are in place and tightly secured.
- Inspect anilox rolls for damage, before and after each run.
- Inspect all dies before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run.
- Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to loose liner, warp, correct size and print.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Train and assist First Helper and Bundlers with job duties on the machine.
- Cross train on other machines.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to, production data, machine operational status, safety data and quality data.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
- Adhere to production schedules and make recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED
- Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate.
- Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Click here to apply online
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to life up to or near 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.