Currently seeking a qualified MRI Technologist for an opportunity in Brownsville, TX. The ideal candidate posses two years' experience of Radiological Technology.
Requirements of the MRI Technologist
- Graduate from an accredited school of Radiology Technology with a minimum of an Associate's Degree
- 2 years of current experience working in acute care hospital
- ARRT/MRI Certification Required
- Ability to maintain accurate medical record transcriptions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Problem solving skill set Works collaboratively with healthcare professionals for quality patient care
Responsibilities of the MRI Technologist
- Knowledgeable in MRI screening and safety, biomedical implants (e.g. pacemakers, clips, ferrous foreign bodies, prior diagnostic or surgical procedures, placement of conductors, (e.g. ECG leads, coils, cables), cryogen safety, emergency procedures (e.g. quench, fire), climate control (temperature, humidity) gauss lines, magnetic shielding, RF shielding, and biological considerations (RF field, specific absorption rate (SAR), biological effects, FDA guidelines).Demonstrates competency in date acquisition and processing.
- Demonstrates appropriate equipment disinfection between patients.
- Demonstrates proper procedure for contrast injection.
- Demonstrates knowledge of patient assessment, monitoring and management, vital signs, physical signs and symptoms, sedated patients, and claustrophobic patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency response, reactions to contrast, and cardiac/respiratory arrest.
- Demonstrates competency for pulse sequences, spin echo, conventional spin echo, fast spin echo (FSE) STIR, FLAIR, Gradient recall echo (GRE), echo planar imaging (EPI).
- Demonstrates competency in data manipulation, k-space mapping and filling, fourier transformation 3-D post processing, maximum intensity projection (MIP), cardiac analysis.
- Demonstrates competency in diffusion, perfusion, spectroscopy, and MRI imaging.
- Demonstrates use of universal precautions and other precautions as appropriate.