Minimum Data Set (MDS) Coordinator – RN or LPN
Our client is an skilled nursing and intermediate long term care center on the island of Kauai, looking for an experienced MDS Coordinator to ensure a timely completion of accurate MDS assessments, care plans and electronic MDS transmission for residents. Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) team in development of RAI process in accordance with federal and state regulation.
- Review, edit, correct, and ensure assessments are signed appropriately signifying completeness and accuracy of all MDS, CAA’s, Care Plans and care conference notes.
- Appropriately maximize reimbursement and resident-centered quality of care delivery based on best-practice standards of care and accurate capture of resident acuity and complete documentation of services provided.
- In collaboration with the IDT and community leadership, provide direct clinical and reimbursement oversight through a case management model to ensure reimbursement maximization and high quality of care delivery from preadmission through discharge.
- Serve as leader and supervisor, managing the restorative nursing program (RPN) and leading the Interdisciplinary Care Plan Team in the development of a comprehensive resident assessment and care plans for each resident.
- Through case management approach, conduct bedside assessments and facilitate a collaborative IDT approach to care delivery.
- Assist in developing any training or orientation activities needed concerning resident assessment / care plan skills.
- Conduct training programs for appropriate staff on the completion and use of the MDS.
- Provide expertise with ICD-10 coding and collaboration with hospitals, admitting physicians etc. to ensure consistency and accuracy is achieved.
- Collaborate with the Staff Development & Infection Prevention Coordinator and ensures appropriate coding on MDS as applicable.
- Monitor the facility’s QIP reports to ensure that appropriate corrective action can be implemented when potential problems occur; Communicate findings to the Administrator / Director of Nursing, as appropriate.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes regarding RAI/PPS/PDPM/CMI processes and trains appropriate personnel as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- One year of professional nursing experience required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and abbreviation required.
- Clinical experience and /or case management experience preferred.
- Familiarity with computers and word processing programs required.
- Experience in geriatrics and current nursing standards of practice preferred.
- Experience as an MDS Nurse preferred.
- Current license as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse in the State of Hawaii required.
- CPR and First Aide required.
- Maintain active RAC-CT through the American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordination (AANAC).
To learn more, please contact Christopher at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-788-5890.