Internal Medicine Physician,MD
Chandler, ArizonaBrand new opportunity to serve the community! An established multi-disciplinary healthcare organization in Arizona has received a grant to slow the spread of HIV and is looking for an infectious disease provider to lead the efforts. With an estimated 1.1 million people in the US living with HIV, the number of newly diagnosed HIV infections leveled off to about 39,000 per year. As an HIV Infection MD, you will work with the healthcare providers to help continue to reduce the number of new HIV infections in the community.Responsibilities
About the Position
- Provide HIV prevention services, including follow-up HIV testing, prescribing PrEP and PEP.
- Support the delivery of integrated primary and HIV care services, linkage to treatment, and care coordination necessary for persons who test positive for HIV, including internal and external referrals for appropriate treatment.
- Address HIV-related stigma and other access barriers.
- Enhance patients’ knowledge of HIV, PrEP and HIV status.
- Reduce transmission of HIV infection.
- Improve health outcomes for people with HIV infection.
- Prevention, identification, and treatment of co-infections and co-morbidities, such as sexually transmitted infections and substance use disorders.
- Enhance partnerships with health departments, and other community and faith-based organizations to facilitate referrals of individuals in need of HIV prevention services to health centers.
To apply for this position, contact Ren'e at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-788-5890.
- Infectious disease physician, experience with HIV preferred.
- Current Arizona Medical Board license in good standing
- Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Earn $200,000 +, depending on experience.
- Competitive benefits and PTO
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To stay up-to-date on the latest job openings and industry news, please connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook!