MANAGER OF ACCOUNTING, FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION
Our client is a Saskatoon based company, who is a leader in providing crop management treatments that vastly improves yield potential for their agricultural customers. The science behind their products is technologically advanced and decreases the environmental impact of farming in North American, Europe & Australia.
The company began as a scientific based, entrepreneurial endeavor and has been proven successful. Due to this success, they recently added a new President. They are now ready to scale up the production, marketing, and distribution of their product around the world. Currently there are 12 staff in the company plus regional distributors of the company’s products.
With that, they seek a strong Manager of Accounting, Finance & Administration to collaborate with the President and help lead the company forward.
WHY CONSIDER THIS ROLE?
The entrepreneurial founder remains quite active in the business and is extremely supportive of the initiatives spearheaded by the new President. He understands that it is now time to grow and professionalize the company with executives and leaders that have had past success scaling up operations.
The President has a track record of transforming companies in both Canada and the USA and has successfully grown these companies exponentially. Working with him, you will have an inside seat into the world of strategic corporate decision making, corporate finance, venture capital, and various other business activities that advance the efficient growth of a private company.
The company is in outstanding financial shape, with no debt and positive cash flow.
Advancement within the company is excellent. As they grow, so will your career.
ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and train 2 direct reports: Accountant & Logistics/Office Coordinator.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all financial controls and guidelines.
- Ensure accurate & timely month end closings & financial statement preparation.
- Oversee monthly & annual budget preparation in conjunction with other departments & staff.
- Partner with President on strategic and annual operating planning.
- Conduct financial variance analysis: current vs plan vs prior year.
- Monitor business and financial metrics, including reports and KPI tracking.
- Analysis & report on cost & margin management targets.
- Ensure efficient process optimization throughout the company: operations, freight management, procurement etc.
- Prepare for year end audit with CA firm.
- Track & manage cash flow ensuring efficient use of funds.
- Ensure strong banking relationships and low bank costs.
- Calculate potential risks of the organization's financial activities.
- Bill of Material (BOM) accuracy and updates.
- Oversees I/T management via an IT provider (outsourced)
- Administer human resource plan and procedures for all personnel.
- Development & implementation of personnel policies & company procedures.
- Oversees & ensures employee handbook and policies & procedures manual is updated and maintained as needed.
- Administers compensation program, monitors performance & revises as needed.
- Oversees & ensures benefits administration is cost effective, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Maintains company organizational charts and HRIS.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree or diploma in accounting, finance, or business.
- 5 -7 years overall proven accounting/finance experience.
- 2 years management experience.
- 1-2 years experience in manufacturing or operational cost accounting is required.
- Successful experience building relevant management reports for executives.
- Experience with Quick Books an asset.
- Some HR leadership experience ideal but not mandatory.
- Professional accounting designation preferred (CPA, CA, CMA or CGA).
Click here to apply online